Hot Mess Teens
Hot Mess Teens in Therapy
The world is super weird right now.
It’s been an incredibly long, hard road lately.
Just because things are closer to “normal” doesn’t mean everything feels great.
This is NOT what you thought this year would be like.
I mean, you didn’t necessarily think everything would be perfect. But, you DID think that it would be a hell of a lot better than this! Maybe you had some anxiety before. Maybe it was even pretty bad sometimes. But, this year has brought a whole slew of other anxieties. And, if we’re being honest, just overall disappointments.
Teen counseling can help.
Common Reasons To Start Teen Counseling
Everyone is different and reacts to situations differently. Most of your peers are struggling in some sort of way, even if you don’t know about it/can’t tell. While we know that every teen is different, are some common sounds that you, or your teen, could benefit from teen counseling:
- Lacking your usual motivation for school…or maybe mostly anything at all
- Worrying about how all of this shit is going to impact getting into college and/or the college experience
- Worrying that you don’t want to go to college but you also have no idea what you DO want to do
- Feeling incredibly disappointed that you’ve missed out on so much of the “normal” high school experience
- Noticing a lot of guilt for feeling disappointed, sad, unmotivated because “other people have it worse”
- Feeling isolated even if you’re seeing friends. Something just feels “off”
- Keeping your worries to yourself because you can see that your family is already dealing with enough
You’ve been dealing with this – to some degree – for awhile…
Being left out by your supposed best friends. Feeling bad about yourself (your weight, your clothes, your hair, your grades, your car…) Trying to deal with panic attacks out of nowhere. Feeling like people are looking at you and judging you all the time. Needing to push away the memories that feel just awful every time you think of them. Feeling like an outsider in your own family. Feeling taken advantage of, unappreciated, and misunderstood by friends and loved ones. Let’s face it, you are dealing with a lot, but you don’t have to handle it all yourself.
Teen Counseling Can Help
I’m here to tell you – It doesn’t have to be this way. I’m not trying to say every day will be filled with rainbows and unicorns, but it sure can be a lot better than this. I LOVE working with teens and can help you make that happen.
How Teen Counseling Works
While counseling teen clients, my goal is for you to feel better- whatever that looks like for you. Together we can figure out! I’ll take the time to get to know you. Some things we’ll explore include:
- Figuring out what it is that you REALLY WANT.
- What has been standing in the way of getting that?
- How to say what you mean to your friends and family without fear of their response (or lack thereof)
- How can you get around/over/under/THROUGH ALL THE SHIT?!
- Also – I won’t be telling your parent(s) what we talk about unless I’m truly afraid for your safety.
Outcomes of Teen Counseling
By starting teen counseling, you’ll notice some differences. It might not happen right away, but it’ll happen. You’ll see that you CAN feel calm and confident. Additionally, you’ll see that you CAN stand up for yourself without being a jerk. And you CAN get through the hard stuff.
As Your Teen Therapist, I Can Help You Get There!
You don’t have to do it all alone. Contrary to what it might feel like, no one expects you to figure out how to do life better all by yourself. REALLY. No one else does (no matter what they tell you), so why should you have to? You shouldn’t. And you don’t. It won’t be super easy, but neither is living every day the way things are now, right?
Beginning Teen Counseling in Littleton, CO
The world is, literally and figuratively, on fire. There’s also a lot of weirdness with a lot of things. You probably feel like most people are expecting you to do this on your own. However, I am not one of those ‘someones.’ As a counselor for teens, I can help you navigate the weirdness. So, what do you have to lose? When you’re ready to start therapy for teens, follow these steps:
1. Reach out to set up a consultation.
2. Get to know me as your
3. Work through the weirdness and feel better!
Other Counseling Services Offered in Colorado and Massachusetts!
Therapy for teens isn’t the only service I offer. I previously saw clients in my counseling office in Lakewood, CO. However, I have transitioned to online therapy in addition to in person therapy in Morrison, CO. With online counseling, I can provide counseling services to anyone in Colorado or Massachusetts! Most often, I work with female identifying clients over the age of 15, but if that’s not you, please don’t hesitate to email me ([email protected]) or schedule a phone consultation (Free!) using the link below.