Hot Mess Women
You’re really sick of 2020, COVID, and everything that has happened because of it.
We all know that life comes with struggles, but it really has been feeling like too much this year. Let’s face it – 2020 SUCKED. We all want to believe that 2021 will be SO. MUCH. BETTER. And, hopefully, that will be true! But, why wait for months in the hope that simply turning the calendar page or ringing in the new year to feel better? And let’s really think about this. You’ve Googled “counseling for women in Denver, CO” over 100 times. Repeatedly, you’ve waited for January 1 to “change your life” but lose steam pretty quickly. You’ve tried everything. And here you are. Looking at a website for an online therapist in Denver, CO. Hmmmm….
Counseling for Women in Denver, CO Can Help
Chances are there have been things you’ve been struggling with. And, putting off for months or years. But, 2020 has really done a great job of bringing them to the forefront. And this year, there’s just not as many distractions available to allow you to keep ignoring them. The ignoring has snowballed. You don’t just ignore thoughts, you ignore obvious signs that things aren’t working. Really, things just aren’t working well. Yes, this is all pretty exhausting to live with. But, you’re not alone. Women’s issues in Denver, CO are a thing. Counseling for women with me can help all of the hot mess women.
Common Reasons to Start Counseling for Women
I work with many hot mess women in Morrison, Littleton, and Denver. And, they’re all going through different things. As a counselor in Denver, CO, I’m familiar with women’s issues and have seen the whole gamut. Considering this, I have seen a common theme of why my clients have started counseling for women. Something that’s interesting is that often focuses on avoidance. Maybe you are having more trouble avoiding:
- Your inner critic – she can get pret-ty loud when there’s less noise in the background to drown her out.
- Flashbacks or unwanted memories of trauma (or even just embarrassing or shame-filled scenes you’d rather not think about). See my EMDR page for more on this…
- The fact that you actually hate your job/boss/coworkers.
- The irritating things your bf/spouse/kids do that seem to be happening all the friggin time now
- Your imposter syndrome. Someone is surely going to figure out you’re a fraud. And SOON.
- Your lack of boundaries. Everyone is driving you up the wall, but is it really their fault if you haven’t said anything (or said it clearly…or followed through)???
- The loneliness you feel. These days that is harder than ever to avoid, and you don’t have to actually BE ALONE to feel this way. In fact, it’s often lonelier when you’re with others, but don’t feel understood or seen by them.
- Your spending habits. Harder to overlook when there are packages arriving at your door every day. And, you don’t even know what you ordered 3 nights ago at 12:30am simultaneously watching your 6th hour of Netflix (“Are you still watching?”) and eating a bag of Doritos.
Exceptions to Needing Counseling for Women?
Or, maybe you can easily avoid the things that are hardest for you right now. Hooray!
Maybe you’ve always been anxious at any sort of “event.” But, now there aren’t any events. So, you don’t need to worry about the things that used to bring you anxiety. You know, the normal everyday stuff like:
- Making an excuse for why you can’t go to the thing you said just yesterday you’d go to.
- Arguing with yourself in your head for hours about why you HAVE to go. Then, why you CAN’T go. Back and forth again and again.
- Telling yourself not to say something stupid. Trying not to talk too much. Or, drink too much to ease your anxiety.
- Hating what you see in the mirror. Trying on every piece of clothing but never feeling “good” about yourself.
Counseling for Women in Denver, CO Will Help You Navigate This Mess
Again, yes. It’s a lot to deal with. Right now, it might seem bleak. But guess what? This whole pandemic thing WILL eventually end. And then what? It’s likely going to be more difficult to put yourself back out there, not less. Unless you decide to try something new. You know, like getting some help from a professional who helps people with this shit on the regular. I can help hot mess moms and hot mess millennials through counseling for women in Lakewood, CO.
Online Therapy in Colorado
Right now, going into places that aren’t your house can seem scary. I get it. In response to that, I am offering online therapy in Denver, CO. As an online therapist in Colorado, this gives us more flexibility for us to work together. In addition to providing online therapy in Denver, CO, I’m able to work with anyone through online therapy in Colorado. I can see clients in Boulder, Denver, Littleton, Lakewood, Morrison, Pine, and Castle Rock, and much more! This way, you can work through all of your things while staying safe. So, our sessions can take place from your couch in Denver or Boulder. Isn’t technology cool? Here’s the good news: Fewer distractions = more time to ACTUALLY GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER. As a counselor for women in Lakewood, CO I’ve seen the magic trick of counseling for women really help a lot of women. The best part? I can help you, too!
Begin Counseling for Women in the Denver, CO area
Life is annoying, bothersome, and exhausting. I get it, and I can help in my Denver based counseling clinic. Whether you live in Lakewood, Wheat Ridge, Littleton or anywhere in the greater Denver area, I’d love to work with you! Also, I’m also offering online therapy in Colorado. So, even if you’re not in the Denver area, if you feel like you’re a hot mess, I’m here to help!
When you’re ready to begin counseling for women, follow these steps:
Other Counseling Services Provided in Colorado
I offer many counseling services through Hot Mess Counseling. I used to see clients in my Denver, CO counseling clinic. Now, I offer online therapy in all corners of Colorado. I really enjoy working with women and moms dealing with different situations in their life. In addition, I work with millennials and teens. I am trained in EMDR therapy and trauma therapy. Additionally, I offer clinical supervision and consultation. I can’t wait to hear your story!